Bloglovin'

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, June 21, 2013

Food {Thursday}

Breakfast {Raspberry Choco Smoothie}

Snack {Raspberry Choco Smoothie}

Lunch {2 Servings Asparagus Soup with Chickpeas + Toast}

Snack {Cherry Tomatoes + Cheese}

Dinner {Pepper Steak + Grapes}

Cheat {Unreal Bar + Pistachios}
The Unreal candy bar is a new product that my friend, Jen, told me about and Jillian Michaels mentioned when I went to her Maximize Your Life tour. I absolutely loved it. Here in Topeka it's available at CVS and Target. This is a candy bar, people. It's not health food. The idea is that it's a clean candy bar. "Unjunked" as they call it. It has not artificial ingredients, GMOs, etc. Jen says it tastes like a protein bar, but I think the Snickers-type bar that I got was absolutely delicious. I know what I'll be handing out next Halloween! Check them out and comment below if you do!





3 comments:

  1. Hey Chelsea! Randi directed me to your blog awhile back, and let me tell you, I'm loving it! I started a journey to better health this past January and have lost 26 pounds! (4 more to my goal!). Thanks for sharing, your food choices are so helpful, as I am still mastering clean eating! I would love the recipe to your your smoothie mentioned above. Also, I know you've mentioned heading over to whole foods (which I love), but I buy more of my stuff at Trader Joe's to cut down on costs. I haven't gotten anything I haven't loved. I hope you've discovered it too! Congratulations, and thanks for Sharing! ~Jo Marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jo Marie,

      Hi! I had no idea you were reading! I'm so glad you commented. Are you a blogger? I'd love to follow you. Good for you. Twenty-six pounds is awesome! And if I remember correctly, you are a bit shorter than me, so on your frame I'll bet that's a lot! I haven't been to Trader Joe's yet. I need to make a trip! Here is the recipe for the Choco Raspberry Vanilla Smoothie. (I had omitted the vanilla because I got out my old vanilla extract and saw that it was "Imitation." FAKE FOOD! I need to get some real vanilla!

      Puree 1 cup frozen raspberries, 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, 1 1/2 cups low-fat milk (I used almond milk.), and 2 oz chocolate protein powder.

      This recipe makes 2 servings.

      xo

      Delete
  2. I think I will make this today! Thanks so much! I'm so glad Randi sent me your way. It came up because we were chatting about getting healthy. I still have 4 pounds to my goal, but am feeling much better about myself! Right now, I essentially look like I did last time you saw me, I just got chubby somewhere in the middle! I don't blog, but I sure do admire you ladies! So much to keep up with.

    There are so many things I love about Trader Joe's, but mainly the prices :) I consistently buy almond butter, almond milk, brown rice sushi, breads (udi's), and some snacks for my boys. They have good produce and dairy items, but I usually buy local just for the convenience of transporting cold foods. I hope you can go! Oh, and if you want to check out their alcohol selection, be sure to visit the one off State Line because the one by Town Center doesn't carry it.
    Thanks for being an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete