Bloglovin'

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Workout {Walk/Jog}

Worst. Run. Ever. I headed to the Washburn campus planning to run a solid 4 miles. I took the yellows.


Two things went wrong. 1. Chloe is a good girl, but Cody is a hot mess. She pulls me down the street. When I put on her gentle leader, she scrapes her face on the sidewalk to get it off. I kick her. We move on. She does it again. We stop to sniff. We jolt forward to run. It's a mess. It's all my fault because when she was a pup we primarily took her places where she would roam without a leash on. Now, she's a mess. 2. I ate a full breakfast 45 minutes before and it was a brick in my stomach. It made me totally sore. So, I allowed a stressful slow jog to start and ended up walking as needed because it was obvious that I wasn't getting much out of this run. I still went 3 miles. You can see from my time that this was a much slower version of cardio than I usually do. I'm not going to beat myself up about it. It was a beautiful morning and my pups got some exercise. Not a waste at all.  Moving on.


No comments:

Post a Comment