Bloglovin'

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Day 13: Summer Obsessions

The actual prompt for the Blog Challenge today was "Make a Public Apology."  I simply don't have any good ideas. I could apologize for the occasional swearing in my blogs, but, well, I don't want to apologize. Ha! As a writing teacher, it's hard to say I have no ideas and refuse to write because I would tell my students to just write something even if it's not something they are proud of.

I have been wanting to post about my summer obsessions, so I'll take this opportunity to do so. {YAY!}  I'm off of work for the months of June and July since I'm a teacher.  This time allows me to breathe.  I tend to make a list of things I want to accomplish or experience and then I settle into a routine that is productive, yet relaxing.  This summer, I have thought to myself over and over there are really 3 things that are essential to my sanity.

Obsession #1: Topeka & Shawnee County Public Library
I have visited the library about once per week this summer and I have become seriously dependent on it.  Because of this place, Alex has continued to read throughout the summer and we get to have great conversations about what she is reading. There is also a summer reading program for children, young adults, and adults where you log reading hours and you get prizes--usually coupons or free items from local businesses.  How fun is that?!  As a teacher, I constantly get book recommendations from colleagues, parents, and students. Add in book lists from Pinterest and social media and I quickly realize there is no way to keep up.  However, I have made it a priority to read regularly this summer and because of the TSCPL, I have been.


Personal Photo: Topeka & Shawnee County Public Library

Obsession #2: Clean Eating Magazine
I have raved about this resource before in my fitness posts.  But truly. I love this magazine.  They have two-week meal plans that feature seasonal produce.  They mix it up. They provide a plan. It's so easy to graze when you are at home all the time.  These meal plans have kept my diet clean and my calorie count on track.
Personal Photo: Clean Eating Magazine July/Aug 2013 Cover

Obsession #3: Not Your Mother's Beach Babe Sea Salt Texturizing Spray
When I'm running errands or going anywhere except for the pool or to workout, I do make an effort to get cute.  I shower. I put on some makeup. I do my hair.  However, this summer I have only dried my hair or curled it or anything like that maybe twice.  Instead, I've been using this product that I picked up at CVS.  I have very straight hair, but this spray gives me just enough wave to pull off the effect that I styled my hair, but I didn't spend an hour on it just to go to the grocery store.  Obsessed.


Source: NYMBrands

1 comment:

  1. We're you wearing this stuff in your hair the day we went to Boca Cafe? I thought your hair looked adorable but don't think I said anything!

    ReplyDelete