Bloglovin'

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, July 19, 2013

Vacation: Day 3

Because someone {ahem!} was a little pouty about what I planned for vacation today, we turned the tables on the 12-year-old. She got to plan our activities and pay for the day's adventures. Most parents wouldn't have the balls to do something this drastic, but I'm tired of Little Miss I-think-I'm-in-charge acting in a way that is anything less than cheerful, grateful, and eager to enjoy this privilege that is vacation.

Note: The money she has is given to her by us when she earns As or Bs each grade quarter in addition to a $5 per hour  when she does something resembling work i.e. volunteer at Colby's soccer practices, chores around the house. 

And let me tell you, she changed her attitude real effin quick. It gave her a new perspective on how you should act when someone is GIFTING you an experience. 

Anyway, Alex planned a hike in the Cheyenne Canon National park. It was glorious. Beautiful.


For lunch, Alex had a budget of $20 and Colby and I obliged and at for $10 at Panda Express. Then, we went to visit Garden of the Gods. Another free and beautiful experience.

Then, she treated us to our anniversary dinner at MacKenzie's Chophouse. Poor thing. She read the lunch menu which consisted of reasonable $12 sandwiches. When we sat down to dishes priced at $28, the poor thing tried to keep it together, but Colby and I knew she had bit off more than she could chew (pun intended). So, we came to a very fair compromise and all enjoyed an ammmmaaaazzzziiiinnnnnggggg meal detailed below.

Fitness report:
I worked out and did my usual leg routine. This time, I did squats and lunges with a 35-pound kettlebell. That thing was no joke. Great workout. {Legs + Cardio}

Then, we hiked AT LEAST 4 miles. My GPS isn't exact in the mountains. We hiked for 2 hours.

Needless to say, I was starving all day. Here we go. 

Breakfast {Eggs + Miso + Almond Butter}

Lunch {Broccoli & Beef @ Panda Express}

Snack {Banana}

Dinner {
Lemon Drop Martini


1/3 Crab and Lobster Cake


1/2 Wedge Salad

1/2 Piece of Table Bread
French Kiss Martini


California Sea Bass with Shrimp, Mussels, and Clams


Panna Cotta with Earl-Grey Grapefruit Sauce and Almond Cookie


1/3 Chocolate Cake
}

Meals like this is part of why I bust my ass day in and day out. I can have a meal like this and get away with it! Yesssss

No comments:

Post a Comment