Bloglovin'

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Recipe Spotlight {Fudgy Chocolate Brownies with Sweet Cherry Sauce}

On July 3, I asked Alexandria what she really wanted to do for the Fourth of July. She said, "Can we make a clean dessert?" Um, yeah! I asked her what kind of dessert and she asked for a cake.  So, I went to my most recent issue of Clean Eating Magazine (July/Aug 2013). I found a recipe for Fudgy Chocolate Brownies with Sweet Cherry Sauce.  She was game.

I looked at the ingredient list and it turned out that I only needed two things: espresso powder (optional) and sweet cherries.  Well, that's easy.

Grocery store pick-ups

So, July 4 I went to the store and started mixing it up. I basically made a dry brownie mix and then a wet mix.  And combined all. We put that in the oven rather than in a crock pot like the recipe said.  Then we worked on the cherry sauce.  I love all of the fresh ingredients in this!

All ingredients

I have to tell you guys that Colby's mom used to always make a chocolate cherry cake for us when we went down to see them.  It was just a chocolate cake mix with a can of cherry pie filling added. It was so moist and wonderful.  We were making the brownies and Alex mentioned that this recipe is like the clean version of that.  SO TRUE!  :)

Dry mix & wet mix


Brownie pan


Sweet cherry sauce


Final product
1 serving = 1/6 of brownie pan + 2.5 tbsp. sauce


No comments:

Post a Comment