Bloglovin'

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, July 26, 2013

Vacation: Day 3

I woke up early and worked out. We went to breakfast at a really cheap diner across the street. Then, we caught a tourism bus that took us an hour outside of New Orleans to Oak Valley plantation.


We took a guided tour of the inside and a self-guided tour or the grounds. Then, we got back on the bus and headed out to Jean LaFitte National Park aka The Bayou. We had a very lucky tour where we had 7 snappers surrounding our boat. We also got great info from our tour guide and held a hatchling. 

Then we trekked back to the hotel to clean up for dinner. We headed out to the French Quarter and ate at Redfish. We both had salad because we've figured it the the desserts are legit. 


We got a Frozen Bourbon Milk Punch (again) and walked around.


Then, we had dessert at a fancy place. I had bread pudding. Colby had a cherry cream cheese tart with chocolate ganache. 


Workout:
2.5 mile run

Food
Breakfast {Banana + Nut Bar}
Snack {Banana}
Lunch {Chicken Caesar Wrap (sans dressing) + Watermelon}
Dinner {Bacon Watermelon Salad}
Dessert {Milk Punch + Bread Pudding}

I'm getting VERY concerned about what the scale will say when I get back. This is becoming an experiment. I weighed 142.0. If I weigh in at 142-144.9, I won't freak.  And I will proudly say the vacation was well handled. Any heavier than that and I'll realize that I indulged too much. We shall see. You know I'll be honest with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment