Bloglovin'

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, July 12, 2013

Recipe Spotlight {Raspberry Plum Salmon with Bulgur Salad}

This recipe is taken from Clean Eating magazine (July/Aug 2013). I absolutely loved it. I love salmon. I love berry sauce. I love a salad bulked up with grains.  I do have some notes to share about the ingredients. I got "wild caught" sockeye salmon from the meat counter at Dillon's.  Always purchase wild caught.  "Farm raised" means that the fish is being raised with hormones and antibiotics getting into the animal. I also used several ingredients that are locally produced.  I bought the plum, raspberries, corn, and red onion from the local farmer's market.  The mint and parsley are from my parents' garden.

I will share that Colby and Alex liked the salmon and sauce, but just couldn't deal with the bulgur salad.  Yes, this is frustrating for me.  I wanted to share it with you because if I could go back and do it over again, knowing that I'm serving this to my family, I would have just put corn and brown rice with it. Or maybe broccoli.  At some point, I'll learn that they will not change!

The 3 Basic Pots: Salmon & Bulgur
 
Salmon & Bulgur on Hold
 
 Raspberry Plum Sauce
 
Bulgur Becoming a Salad
 
Plated.

1 comment:

  1. Looks yummy. I'm not sure my husband would go for the berry sauce, but he would eat the salmon.

    ReplyDelete