Bloglovin'

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Food {Tuesday}

Want recipes? Comment below and I'll hook it up.

Breakfast {Morning Tart}
This is a whole wheat crust from the batch I made for the Sweet & Savory Tarts last week. It has banana, chopped peanuts, natural maple syrup, and Greek yogurt. This is so yummy!!



Snack {Pineapple + Sunflower Seeds}

Lunch {Tofu Stir Fry}

Snack {Broiled Grapefruit + Honey + Granola}
This was absolutely delicious. I used organic, natural granola. Very important because some granola is very processed and involves high fructose corn syrup!
 


Dinner {Pork Burrito}
You can't tell from the picture, but there is a salsa, Greek yogurt, cilantro cream sauce inside.  I mean, come on. That's delicious!
 
Cheat Snack {Starbucks Frappuccino}
Colby has a 4-pack of these in the refrigerator. They've been there for over a month. He is a regular mocha drinker, so I was kind of shocked that he hadn't drunk these. He said that he doesn't like them. I tried one and O. M. G. they are delicious. They are definitely a cheat--which I'm allowed to have. I shoot for 80% clean, 20% dirty (haha). I sipped on about 80 calories worth. I worked out today, so I'm not concerned at all! The old me would have devoured the 4-pack in a couple of days--a drink here, a drink there. The new me knows to pace it out.  I have the mental power to do that because I like my new body more than I like that 4-pack of Frappuccino.
 

6 comments:

  1. You are amazing!! Send some of your will power my way!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kayla, I'm rooting for you! I would love to hear about your fitness starting point, your goals, your progress, etc. in your blog. And yes, I read it! :) If you share with others, it keeps you accountable. Just sayin'! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, post the recipe for your tarts and pork burrito. They look really good and like something I could get the rest of the family to eat with me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. http://lindseydowell.blogspot.com/2013/05/i-have-friend.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lindsey! I added your blog to my reader app. I'm excited to browse it later. Thanks for the props!

    Here is the recipe for the tart shells (which can be used with various fillings) and it has the recipe for the chicken/apple filling. We had that for dinner & snacks. The dough recipe makes enough for 12 tarts. The "Morning Banana Tart" has a filling of 1/2 banana, 1 tsp pure maple syrup, and 1 tbsp. chopped peanuts. Top with 1/3 cup Greek yogurt and 1/4 tsp of cinnamon.

    Pork Burrito: 4oz broiled port tenderloin, sliced, 2 tbsp. each salsa and Greek yogurt, 1/2 cup shredded lettuce, 1/2 diced tomato, 1/4 cup cilantro, 1 whole-wheat tortilla (serves 1)

    Side: 1 cup mushrooms sautéed with 1 tsp olive oil, 3 tbsp. diced onion, 3/4 cup green beans (serves 1)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oops! Forgot the link!

    http://cleaneatingmag.com/recipes/classics-made-clean/sweet-savory-tarts/

    ReplyDelete