Bloglovin'

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Workout {Stairs + Back}

I'm trying a new routine of planning my own workouts. I do a nasty leg workout on Fridays, so I wanted to combine cardio with some light leg work (stairs). I also want a day to focus on my back. Since I did arms yesterday, I'm doing back today. I have to be careful that my biceps don't get recruited to help me with these exercises. My arms need to rest. So, I'm going to do each rep focusing on my BACK.

Back
I did two sets of everything. Reps varied. I just lifted until I was fatigued. Weight varies. I am doing 2 sets since I have so many exercises. I don't want to be in the gym all night.
  1. Upright rows
  2. Rear delt fly
  3. Supermans
  4. Lat pull-downs
  5. Deadlift
  6. Single DB row
  7. Seated Row

Stairs (Legs + Cardio)
0-3:00 min      warm up-walk stairs
3:01-5:00       walk skipping every other step; jog down
5:01-6:00       one-legged jump ups (30 seconds each side)
6:01-9:00       run up; jog down
9:01-11:00     walk up sideways (1 min each side)
11:01-17:00   jog on flat ground
17:01-20:00   cool down-walk stairs

I went to Topeka West High School in search of some bleachers. They don't have any. So, I went to the Y planning to lift weights and run the stairs that they have. However, I was just DYING to be outside.  So, I remembered this hill on the backside of the Southwest Topeka YMCA parking lot. It is a popular winter sledding spot. So, I did my Stair plan on it. The only thing I couldn't do was the one-legged jump ups.  I just jogged instead during that time.
The Hill

The Field

Don't Care.
I have always wanted to be able to work on my tan while running/exercising outside. I have always been incredibly jealous of women who could do that. So, since the sun was blazing on the field, I shed my shirt during those 6 minutes. I can't believe I was basically out in public like this. I worked this hard to get to a decent body weight, so I'm going to milk it and do what I want. No one probably paid any attention or even noticed because I was out in the field, but it felt awesome! As you can see, I have very little ab definition. I need to drop about 10 more pounds to start seeing any of that...

No comments:

Post a Comment