Bloglovin'

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Food {Wednesday}

If you want any recipes and/or portion sizes, comment below!

Breakfast {Strawberry Kefir + Crackers}

Snack {Roasted Red Pepper & Tomato Soup + Black Beans + Cilantro}
I love this soup. On this meal plan, I've had it for lunch and I've had it for a snack twice now. That took care of the entire soup carton. (That's another bonus of these meal plans...if they have you buy something special, they use it in multiple ways until it's gone.) I LOVED it with the black beans and cilantro.



Lunch {Turkey & Avocado Sandwich + Spicy Slaw}
Colby and Alex ate this with me. They loved the sandwich. I didn't make the slaw because I'm simply not a fan of slaw.



Snack {Banana + Ricotta Cheese + Almond Butter}
This combination scared me a little. But of course, I tried it. Alex was game too. So, we mixed up the ricotta and the almond butter (she had natural peanut butter) and then sliced the banana and ate it with a spoon. It was like a creamy nut butter with banana. It was so good!

Dinner {Turkey Sausage + Leftover Black Bean & Orange Quinoa}
I really like that sausage links come in a portion size of 3-4 ounces. The Black Bean & Orange Quinoa is a more complex recipe that you can find here. Let me tell you. It's worth the time. I had it earlier this week with the Cuban Halibut. I didn't have enough of the quinoa to make this exact dish for Colby and Alex, so they are eating turkey sausage on their own. Alex is putting it with leftover Chipotle. Colby is putting it in some leftover pasta from last night.


No comments:

Post a Comment