Bloglovin'

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Fridge Cleanout

We all clean out the refrigerator from time-to-time, right?  Well, since January 1, we have been operating on separate shelves. I get the top shelf and the two crisper drawers. Colby & Alex get the other shelves. Don't touch my shit.

Now, as you might remember from a recent post, I'm including Alex and Colby in my meal plans (so fun!). So, after my grocery trip today, I pulled everything out and made categories. As you can see from the pictures, we have drinks, leftovers, fruit, miscellaneous, dairy, cheese, veggies, and meats.  Side note: love the man, but hubby doesn't do well with eating leftovers. He will have a really great steak or leftover Chipotle in there and he will forget about it. It drives me crazy. I can't eat his steak or his Chipotle (in the old days, I would have), so he needs to take care of it. That's why there is a shelf just for leftovers with a note to eat ASAP. Can anyone relate with me on this one? Maybe a SIGN that it needs to be eaten ASAP will help??? We shall see....  Anyway, my categories do seem different nowadays. I didn't have categories and labeled shelves before, but now I have more of a variety of drinks. I used to only have pop. Colby drinks the 1% milk. Now, there is a variety of almond milks, V8, Naked juice, etc. The other major difference is I never used to have this many veggies. I really didn't know what to do with a vegetable before clean eating. Now, I have like 20 different vegetables in the drawer. And yes, they get used. The clean eating meal plans do a good job of using a variety of veggies constantly!  It seems like my food is more varied now.  Likey.

Top Half


Bottom Half


No comments:

Post a Comment